In answer to those of you who ask – kindly, sporadically – what’s happening when I go quiet online and in life, I’m writing a second manuscript titled Futureproof (85k and rising). Because the world can’t have too many unpublishable novels, yes?
I am a writer and editor based in Melbourne, Australia.
My first novel is a 2014 Finalist for the PEN/Bellwether Prize and is represented by the Jacinta di Mase Agency. I'm grateful to have worked on the manuscript at Canada's Banff Centre. I'm writing my second novel.
I've written for publications/places including the Daily Beast, the Wheeler Centre, the Hoopla, the Age, the Melbourne Weekly, and Notebook magazine.
- Coming Back to the Songlines
- The Mind-Numbing Artifice of Sufjan Stevens
- Marching Won’t Get Us Anywhere
- Silence = Writing
- Writing Tag
- Morrison, Diaz and Oates
- Good Reading & Listening List #2
- Good Reading & Listening List #1
- Exercise as Cure
- 4 Tips for Republicans
- Whose Home is it Anyway?
- Why I’m Holding Out
- Whatever You Do, Keep Doing It
- The Year 1913
- Australia, Go to Your Room
- RT @MartinPilgrim1: My top 3 assumptions when doorbell rings: 1. Murderer 2. Police telling me everyone is dead 3. That book I ordered abo… 1 day ago
- Yes yes yes twitter.com/matthaig1/stat… 2 days ago
- RT @EarlyModernista: Doris Lessing, died 4 years ago today: A "library is the most democratic thing in the world. What can be found there h… 2 days ago