I am a writer and editor based in Melbourne, Australia.
My first novel is a 2014 Finalist for the PEN/Bellwether Prize and is represented by the Jacinta di Mase Agency. I'm grateful to have worked on the manuscript at Canada's Banff Centre. I'm writing my second novel.
I've written for publications/places including the Daily Beast, the Wheeler Centre, the Hoopla, the Age, the Melbourne Weekly, and Notebook magazine.
- Coming Back to the Songlines
- The Mind-Numbing Artifice of Sufjan Stevens
- Marching Won’t Get Us Anywhere
- Silence = Writing
- Writing Tag
- Morrison, Diaz and Oates
- Good Reading & Listening List #2
- Good Reading & Listening List #1
- Exercise as Cure
- 4 Tips for Republicans
- Whose Home is it Anyway?
- Why I’m Holding Out
- Whatever You Do, Keep Doing It
- The Year 1913
- Australia, Go to Your Room
- RT @samthielman: Akie Abe is my new hero. https://t.co/WEnjBsrRQ3 3 days ago
- RT @Zoetrope_Mag: Our Spring 2017 edition is here! Art & design by @IggyPop; stories by Elena Ferrante, Tea Obreht, Kathryn Harrison. https… 3 days ago
- RT @ActuallyNPH: How cool is this: @SFMOMA has created a texting service that sends your phone art based on a sent emoji or phrase: https:/… 4 days ago